Friday, December 23, 2011

Amish Market

I was getting my dog groomed today at a new groomer that was kind of out of the way from where I live. Luckily, I found an awesome Amish market. The second I walked in I smelled the delicious breads, pastries, pies, and sticky buns (why do they keep tempting me!). Luckily, I made it out of there with only some bags of dried fruit and some homemade almond butter and apple butter yum!
For tomorrow, I would like to make a parfait for breakfast:


1 individual container of Oikos plan yogurt
2 tbsp apple butter
1/2 tbsp almond butter
1/2 apple chopped


sounds like heaven and it will prepare me for my busy Christmas Eve. Merry Christmas to all who celebrate! 


For Christmas Eve night, my mom, dad, brother, and I always go to mass around 5:30 pm and then come home and have a kind of cocktail party with what we call "picky foods".


This year, its pesto pizza, spicy tuna roll, turkey roll ups, crab cakes, and baked eggplant sticks with marinara to dip! The recipe for the eggplant is from Skinnytaste's blog. Check her out!

No comments:

Post a Comment